Dr. Anirudh V. Shah
Neonatal and Pediatric Surgeon
Specialist in Neonatal and Pediatric Laparoscopy
Director: Amardeep Multispeciality Children Hospital & Research Centre, Ahmedabad
- Professor and Head of Department of Pediatric Surgery at V.S.Hospital and K.M.School of Postgraduate Medicine and Research, Ahmedabad for 30 years (1975-2005).
- Trained more than 25 pediatric surgeons for M.Ch. pediatric surgery who are practicing in various centres in Gujarat, Neighbouring states and over the world.
- President, Indian Association of Pediatric Surgeons 2007-2008.
- Chairman, Pediatric Endoscopic Surgeons of India 2008-2009.
- Founder Member of Pediatric Endoscopic Surgeons of India.
- One of the pioneer pediatric surgeons to start Pediatric Minimally Invasive Surgery (Pediatric Laparoscopic Surgery) in India.
- Has one of the largest personal series of Pediatric Minimally Invasive Surgery (Pediatric Laparoscopic Surgery).
- Started and Developed Pediatric Surgery as a separate speciality in Gujarat in 1975, which was later recognized by Medical Council of India for 3 years M.Ch. Pediatric Surgery training centre.
- M.C.I. inspector for recognition of M.Ch. Pediatric Surgery centres in various cities across India.
- Examiner for M.Ch. Pediatric Surgery and DNB Pediatric Surgery in various universities across India
- Many publications in various national and international journals. Have contributed chapters in Textbooks in Pediatric Surgery
- President, Association of Surgeons of India (Gujarat Chapter) and organized ASICON in 1998 which was a great success.
- President, Indian Academy of Pediatrics, (Ahmedabad Branch)
- Organized various live operative workshops in India, Bangladesh and Nepal.
- Organized various conferences at state and national level, Landmark being International Live Laparoscopy Workshop 2001, IAPSCON 2002 and International Workshop on Laparoscopy in Pediatric Urology in 2003
- Trained many pediatric surgeons in Minimally Invasive Surgery (Pediatric Laparoscopic Surgery) from India, Bangladesh and Nepal.